Thursday, October 4, 2007

When the Music Fades

The doors are shut, lights turned off, building locked up. The people went home to carry on with their lives. The show is over, the music silenced, the performers gone. The singers have been silenced and there is a hush across the room. The show is over. Although the show has ended and everyone is gone it doesn’t mean the singer doesn’t still continue. She may not be on stage but her love is for the music and she continues to hum a melody even as she prepares for rest. She has a love and undying passion for the performance and it burns within her even after the music fades.

The love for our savior should be our undying passion. Our relationship shouldn’t depend on the thrill and volume of the music and of the services we go to from week to week. I was singing in a youth service when I noticed someone who was normally in the spotlight just sitting with their arms folded. They had forgotten their passion. I never want to be guilty of sitting on my worship because I am not in the spotlight or because the music has faded. The music isn’t what moves me, its my love for God and His unfailing name. I know at times we are prompted by the beat of the drum or the rhythm of the bass. But when that is silenced we will still be able to list our hands? We will still leap for joy or dance before our savior? I am reminded of the song Heart or Worship. When the music fades and all has slipped away, and I simply come. Longing just to bring something that’s of worth that will bless your heart. I’ll bring you more than song….My life revolves around music and I am more guilty than some I am sure of wrapping my life up in it, but when the presence of Jehovah comes in no song can compare. I guess what I am trying to say is will my praise and worship still be strong long after the music fades?

No comments: