Monday, October 1, 2007

Nothing, but the blood

What can wash away my sins?
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood, nothing but the blood of Jesus.

My friend and music leader at church sang this simple chorus Sunday morning and the words pricked my heart. I started to think about all the things that people try in the world today. All the things they try to make them either forget about what they’ve done or make them feel better for the time being. I thought about how there are millions of people in the world who feel completely worthless because of the things they have either said or did. There are so many people who are either trying to run from their past or erase it. I remember the times I felt that way, and all I needed was one drop of blood. One drop of blood from Jesus saved my soul, erased my past, and made me whole. I didn’t have to spend endless hours searching for another fix that would only be temporary. All I had to do was seek the face of Jesus and His matchless blood saved me in an instant. I am glad that I know the answer to the questions that I once had. What can wash away my sin? The blood of Jesus! What can make me whole again? The blood of Jesus!! What is the reason I am here today? The blood of Jesus! I thank God for the blood he shed for me.

No comments: