Monday, October 1, 2007

Just Another Employee

I was sitting at work the other day and a thought came to my mind…

I have a boss who I sit right beside and we get along pretty good. I also have another boss who is above her that I know and say hey to every now and then, but the relationship isn’t so close. Then there is the CEO of the company who doesn’t even know my name. I was thinking about how sometimes our relationship with God is kind of like my relationship with the CEO. I do all this work him and help his company run, but he has no idea who I am. I am sure he is thankful I am around, but that doesn’t sway from the fact he doesn’t know me. So many of us go through life doing things for God and we don’t have a relationship with Him. We’re just another employee. I am sometimes guilty of doing things for God like in church and outside of church that I forget to establish my relationship with Him. Do I know Him? Does He know me? Is my relationship solid enough with Him that when I stand before the throne He will know who I am? U don’t want go through my life being God’s employee and never His friend. I want to be more than just another employee.

No comments: