Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Stop And Look At The Road


Several years ago the Lord was dealing with me and I prayed a prayer that I have added to my daily prayer. "God show me where I'm at, so I will know where I am going." Some times we wander through life and make decisions with no thought of where it is taking you. We get so caught up in the external motions of living for God we ignore the internal movements away from God. I don't want to substitute movement for motions. In case you have forgotten there is a difference in taking a jog on a treadmill and a jog through the country. You can go through the motions of running on the treadmill and when it's over, your sweaty and tired, then you get off in the same room you started in. You have gone no where, with the feeling you did. 
Sometimes we let the feeling make us forget to check where we are. So, STOP! LOOK DOWN! And make sure the road your on is taking you where you want to go. 

Jeremiah 6:16 Prov. 16:25 Prov. 21:2 Psalms 119:104

No comments: