Sunday, August 17, 2008

Insights from Psalms Pt. 1

We are constantly bombarded with thoughts, ideas and activities that are no where near what the Word of God teaches us. The messages that come in to our life are constantly pulling for our attention, our priorities and our faith. How to we handle or filter these messages to our "JUNK FOLDER" and do we get rid of the "SPAM" in our life. I don't have a new suggest or teaching. But, I do find that a simple answer is HIS WORD. David understood a lot even though he only had part of what we have today. God's word is vital to having a relationship with him.


Psa 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
Psa 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
Psa 56:4 In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.
Psa 68:11 The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it.
Psa 107:20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction's.


Do you see it ? These are just 5 of the 58 verse in the book of Psalms where David places a priority on Gods Word. And, because he placed a priority on THE WORD he was able to have a better understand or "filter" on everything around him. David realized that an occasionally experience with the Word was not enough. If his life was going to be different he had to get up close and personal with Gods Word. "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." Later he wrote "I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word."


There is something powerful about his Word. Are you ready to experience life change ? Are you ready to filter out the JUNK messages of this World and tune into messages from God. Then don't wait another day, don't wait for Sunday, get in his word today. There is no excuse for not having God's Word a part of your everyday life. His Word is STILL relevant to ever issue of our life, it STILL has the answer to every question. Get the "FILTER" in your life and you will find a new strength and direction.


For online Bible resources be sure to check out biblegateway.com or e-sword.net . Both free resources to explore God's Word.



No comments: