Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Lost in *Happily Ever After* Mode

Cinderella dreams of Prince Charming and a life better than her humble role as a servant. She sings and has a starry eye out the window and longs for what could be and lives in a world far beyond her own. She is often so day dreamy that she barely realizes she exists in reality. I feel like Cinderella sometimes. Sometimes I want to escape reality and be whisked away by a prince or a knight or just be on a desert island with some peace and quiet. Then I have to snap myself back to reality.

5:45 am my alarm goes off, time to work again! I often take myself away to another place when I am driving the 20 minute plus drive to work. I think about my future and about how life could be or should be or what not. Sometimes I step into *little girl* mode and think about how my prince would come and save me from this wretched world I am in. Then I really have to snap myself back into the real world.

Sometimes as humans we love to wishful think. I love to daydream. I can’t help it!

But as said before I often have to snap myself back into reality because if I live in *happy every after* land I am no good to myself or anyone else.

So many times I am guilty of thinking of 5 years from now or even longer when today is what matters! If I miss today I am missing my life. I am missing the good things that God is doing for me in the present. I should worry about the future because it is mine to look after, but I shouldn’t live there. It isn’t here yet! Someone once said that if I live in the future I am missing golden opportunities for the present. I should pray for God to lead me today not tomorrow. Tomorrow may never come.

So as much as I love to think about what tomorrow holds for now I will live happily ever after in today…

No comments: